Soccer Accident Insurance (SAI)
One of the benefits of playing with AYSO is that AYSO provides insurance coverage for players and volunteers who are accidentally injured at AYSO practices, games, and other events. AYSO purchases Soccer Accident Insurance (SAI), which pays excess medical costs up to $50,000 maximum per accident to an insured person for accidental bodily injuries incurred as a direct result of participation in a covered activity. This is an Excess Accidental Medical Expense Benefit, and all eligible expenses will be reimbursed in excess of a primary policy or on a "Usual and Customary" basis.
- All claims must be submitted within 90 days of the injury.
- Each claim is subject to a $200 Deductible.
- Social Security Numbers required on SAI claim.
All AYSO currently registered members (players, coaches, referees and other volunteers) are "Covered Persons" for accidental bodily injury while participating in the following covered activities:
- Team practice sessions, scheduled games, tournaments, or other sponsored activities (meetings, banquets, fundraisers) provided they are under the direct supervision of an AYSO registered volunteer.
- Group travel of five or more participants directly, without interruption to or from such practice sessions, games, tournaments, or sponsored activities, provided that players are traveling as a team and a licensed adult driver operates the vehicle.
Naturally, the insurance is only available to players who are properly registered with AYSO. The insurance company will verify registration before benefits are paid.
You should have received a brochure detailing the insurance coverage at registration. You can also get a copy using the link at the left.
If you suffer an injury, you can use the link at the left to download the claim form.
If you have questions, please contact the Safety Director.