Fun, Effective, and Free
PowerSkills is a free player and coaching clinic put on every fall and spring by our Advanced Coaches, National Coaches, and Coach Instructors. This is a fun and safe opportunity for players to learn and practice new skills in a setting with hundreds of their fellow players. It is also an opportunity for new coaches to come out and see their fellow coaches teach skills, techniques, and games that can be used for their own practices.
Our new PowerSkills format is based on our very successful station-based skills training format. Players will move between stations including:
- Warm-Up and Conditioning
- Ball Control and Dribbling Techniques
- Short-Sided Games
- Finishing Techniques
In addition, we will have a separate goalkeeper station at each PowerSkills session where goalkeepers can receive two hours of dedicated keeper training each week!
So don't miss out on this great opportunity to have fun and learn with your fellow players and coaches!
Players, make sure you bring your shin guards, ball, water, and sunscreen.
For more information, contact the PowerSkills Coordinator, Neal Watlington.
Players, Coaches, and Others
- Opportunity for players to perfect skills.
- Sessions provide necessary repetition of skills in fun format.
- Provides dedicated time for training Goalkeepers.
- Become a better coach.
- Observe and participate with successful coaches.
- Learn to be a linesman and help the referee officiate the game.
- Ask questions of the Chief Referee.