Welcome to AYSO Region 104
Serving Albuquerque, New Mexico Since 1978
Welcome to AYSO Region 104 serving the youth of Albuquerque, New Mexico since 1978. We are the largest recreational youth soccer organization in town, with hundreds of local volunteers and about 2500 soccer players ranging from 4 to 19 years of age.
AYSO Parent Orientation Video
Are you new to AYSO? Still wondering what this organization is all about? Watch the video to learn more.
The American Youth Soccer Organization set out in 1964 to accomplish two goals. First, to promote soccer to American youth. If you've driven around Albuquerque lately and seen the number of parks filled with soccer players, you can see that goal has been accomplished. Second, to improve the way youth sports are conducted. AYSO wants to change the traditional youth sports paradigm where some kids never get to play and the only communication between coach and players involves the command "Drop and give me 20." How does AYSO accomplish that? Our mission is to develop and deliver quality youth soccer programs in a fun, family environment based on AYSO's Six Philosophies:
- Everyone Plays - Our program's goal is for kids to play soccer-so we mandate that every player on every team must play at least half of every game.
- Balanced Teams - Each year we form new teams as evenly balanced as possible-because it is fair and more fun when teams of equal ability play.
- Open Registration - Our program is open to all children between 4 and 19 years of age who want to register and play soccer. Interest and enthusiasm are the only criteria for playing.
- Positive Coaching - Encouragement of player effort provides for greater enjoyment by the players and ultimately leads to better-skilled and better-motivated players.
- Good Sportsmanship - We strive to create a positive environment based on mutual respect rather than a win-at-all-costs attitude, and our program is designed to instill good sportsmanship in every facet of AYSO.
- Player Development - We believe that all players should be able to develop their soccer skills and knowledge to the best of their abilities, both individually and as members of a team, in order to maximize their enjoyment of the game.